In Kundalini Yoga, Sat Kriya is known as the “everything kriya”. It is probably the most powerful of all Kundalini Kriyas. And though it is only one posture, it considered a complete kriya, and a very powerful one at that.
Working with a powerful breath from the navel, and the mantra Sat Nam, which means truth is my identity, I come from truth, this Kriya can truly transform feelings of blah to ones of vitality.
According to Yogic wisdom, some of the benefits of Sat Kriya include (but are not limited to):
- Strengthening the entire sexual system, stimulating the natural flow of energy from the second chakra to the sixth;
- Stimulates and strengthens the nervous system to bring you strength and fortitude from the inside out:
- Improves general physical health by gently massaging the internal organs, including the heart, from the rhythmic pumping of the navel and breathwork;
- It works on the known and the unknown, making it a powerful weapon against stress, anxiety and depression;
- Build up slowly, this kriya is powerful and should always be practiced with Savassanah. Sadhana Guidelines recommends twice as long for relaxation as practice. For a 3 minute practice the guidelines stipulate 2 minutes of savassanah as a minimum, with 6 minutes as recommended.
Don’t worry if it takes a moment to get familiar with the rhythm, once you do it will be like riding a bike every time you come back. But don’t take my word for it, try it for yourself and see.
Yogi Bhajan always said, Jeep up and be kept up. This Kriya is the perfect practice to keep up and be kept up. If you have time for nothing else do this Kriya for 3 minutes a day and watch your world transform from the inside out.
I hope you enjoy this rainy day video from the heart of our local town, Sebastapol, we had a lot of fun filming it and staying dry as the rain crept further into the pagoda, rain will not stop yoga :). Once you have the hang of Sat Kriya, and for the days you want a shorter practice, check out the 10 minute Express Sat Kriya video.
Let us know below how you feel after this kriya, we would love to know.
Make it a sweet day